Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A twist on a classic

Have you ever wanted to try something different for the holiday season? I do. I was recently at the grocery store picking up a few things, and I love when I get an item, and there is a recipe near the advertised product. For instance, I wanted to start shopping for some desserts for thanksgiving. My main focus was to find a twist on the classic pumpkin pie. The JELL-O corporation had some recipes given out with their promoted flavor, "Pumpkin Spice". The picture on the recipe looked so delicious that there's no way that I will be dissatisfied with it. There were 2 recipes but I will only list one for right now.

Turtle Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:

1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp caramel topping
1 graham cracker pie crust
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp Pecan pieces, divided
1 cup cold milk
2 packages (4 servings each) Jell-O vanilla instant pudding
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tub cool whipped topping

Directions:

1. Pour 1/4 cup caramel into the crust; sprinkle with 1/2 pecans.

2. Beat milk, dry pudding mixes, pumpkin, and spices with a whisk until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread into crust. Top with remaining whipped topping.

Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with remaining caramel topping and pecans before serving.

I have another recipe as well that I want to try to make for Thanksgiving. It's called Triple Layer Pumpkin Spice pie. Never made it, but I will definately tell you the results.

2 cups cold milk
2 pakages JELL-O pumpkin spice pudding
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tub cool whip
1 graham cracker crust
1/2 cup pecans
1 tbs honey

1. Beat milk, pudding mixes, and cinnamon until well blended. Spead 1-1/2 cups into crust.
2. Add 1-1/2 cups cool whip to the remaining pudding. Stir gently. Spoon over layer in crust; top with cool whip. Refridgerate 1 hr or overnight.

3. Cook pecans and honey in a small pan over medium-low heat for 2-4 min. Spread onto waxed paper, and let cool. Sprinkle over cheesecake right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment