Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cheese Soup

I was recently given a delicious recipe by a friend of mine whose mother makes for him. She makes a delicious cheese soup that is simply savory! She was nice enough to give me her family recipe, which she treasures most.

Cheese Soup

Ingredients:

* 1 medium onion-minced fine
* 1- 49 oz can Chicken broth (Such as Sweet Sue)
* 2- 1 lb bags of California frozen mixed vegetables
* 2 cans of cream of potato soup
* 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
* 1 lb of velvetta cheese- cubed

1. Soak the minced onions in ice water for about 20 min, then drain.

2. Put onions in with 2 cups of the broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil, and simmer 1o minutes.

3. Add the 2 bags of vegetables and cook until fairly mushy. (Please note that the chef of this recipe cooks the veggies in the microwave according to the package instructions, and with a little extra water.)

4. Using a food processor, chop the vegetables to desired fineness.

5. Add the rest of the broth, the 4 cans of soup, and the cubed cheese. Lower the heat, and stir until the velvetta is melted.

Someone also commented about the recipe that they didn't add as much broth, and served it over potatoes or rice, and it was simply amazing.


I would like to take this time to promote my website. My websites provide a lot more background about myself, along with my cooking and recipe expertise. My articles on my website can help you with everyday situations, such as planning a dinner on a budget, having a get-together, or even a bake-a-thon. Need a suggestion on what to make for dinner? Need a quick-meal fix for some unexpected guests for dinner? How about something for a sweet tooth? My website has it. I also give terrific product recommendations. Here are the URLS:

my background and purpose

My website and other recipes

I have dedicated a lot of time and heart into this project, and would love for you to come see my work. I have provided lots of recipes, some of them from my own friend and family vault. You can't get them anywhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment