Thursday, December 1, 2011

English muffins are more than just breakfast

When I was in sixth grade, I was in a home economics class where I got to cook different things. One of them of which I had never heard of until I made it. I used to think that english muffins were only good for putting butter and jam on it, until I made this recipe.

My home economics teacher had us make muffin pizzas. It may seem like an old recipe to some, but being 12 years old at the time, it was new to me!

Ingredients:

1 jar of pizza sauce
1 16 oz bag of shredded colby jack or mozzarella cheese
hormel mini pepperoni
english muffins-plain
any extra toppings of your choice- onions, green peppers, pineapple, sausage, etc)
oregano

Directions:

1. First, half your english muffins. Spread pizza sauce on muffins. Finish off with cheese and toppings. Next, add a pinch of oregano to each one.

2. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about five to seven minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve! This makes a wonderful after-school snack or a simple lunch.

There you go. It's quick, easy, and fast.

Please come back, and check out other great recipes that I will post under my blog and website. I will show you how you can plan out your weekly meals, saving you time and money. You can find this soon under my website. I hope that you are willing to try this recipe at least with your kids. It would be a fun project, and something to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment