Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Goulash

I like to make goulash because it has an italian flare to it. This recipe has been in my family for years, and I would like to share it with you. My grandmother used to make this as well.

Grandma's Goulash

Ingredients:

1 lb ground hamburger
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 large can of tomato juice
2 cups elbow macaroni
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Directions:

1. Bring 1 qt pan of water to a boil. Add macaroni. Cook 7 to 9 minutes until either al-dente or cooked. Your choice. Drain after cooked.

2. While the macaroni is cooking, dice the onions and peppers. Remove seeds from peppers. Set aside.

3. Brown the hamburger until fully cooked. Drain grease. Add cooked macaroni, onions, peppers and can of tomato juice. Simmer until the veggies are tender.

4. Add salt and pepper. If you like yours spicy, and 1/2 tsp of chili powder and more pepper to taste.

5. Enjoy!

When I was a kid, I was a picky eater. My mom would make me just the elbow macaroni and the tomato juice, and I would eat it like that. The funny part is my mother ate it that way when she was a kid too. My cousins still eat it this way til this day. My husband on the other hand, doesn't prefer it this way. He likes the meaty version more. I admit, eating it this way is a preferred taste, and many may not like it just the noodles and juice. Thanks for reading my blog, and come check out my other recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment