Thursday, October 27, 2011

Always read your receipts

I was grocery shopping one day, and I always look at my receipt to make sure that there are no errors regarding my items on it. One day, I came across that besides the receipt, the grocery store printer also printed me off some recipes as well. This is especially helpful because these recipes are based on the items I had bought in that transaction. That makes it really convenient for me since I already have the items that are needed for it.

Here is a recipe that is delicious as well as based on one of my favorite recipes at a restaurant that I frequently visit. Red Lobster has the best cheddar bay biscuits that I have ever tasted. So with this recipe, now I can make it at home at a way cheaper price, and I don't have to spend $40 on other items just to get the biscuits.

I got this recipe on a receipt from Jewel Osco. I'm not sure who created this recipe, but all I can tell you is it's from this grocery store. The only thing that I would do different since the biscuits from Red Lobster taste garlicky, so I would add a teaspoon or so of garlic powder or even a few finely smashed cloves of garlic, but I will leave that up to you.

Cheddar Cheese Biscuits

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for kneading
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) cheddar cheese
1/2 cup dry nestle carnation instant nonfat dry milk
1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)
2 tbs granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup plus 1 tbs water

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheet.

2. Combine flour, cheese, dry milk, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender OR 2 knives to make course crumbs. Stir in water just until moistened.

3. Knead dough 10 times on lightly floured surface. Pat into a 8 X 6 inch rectangle. Cut into 12 biscuits. Place biscuits about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.

4. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.

This is a delicious recipe that can be made multiple times from these ingredients. This recipe can also go with just about anything, ranging from chicken to meatloaf to a simple soup or salad. This is the only place to get this particular recipe since it was given to me randomly from a grocery store.

Wanna keep your clothes clean while you make this? Go to my store to purchase a few of my products to help stay clean while you cook.

Buy an apron here


Please keep checking back with my blogs, and thank you for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment