Friday, October 21, 2011

Recipes on the go

Have you ever been on the go, and you wanted something to drink but you don't want coffee or a soda? How about a delicious smoothie? One of my favorite recipes is when they are portable. I love to make smoothies because all you have to do is throw everything in a blender, press a button, and you are good to go! Plus you can take it on the go for a quick and easy breakfast. I usually forget to grab something for breakfast, so being able to "drink" my breakfast is just wonderful. I also want to dually note that even though nutritional value is not part of my website, I still want to note that this is a very healthy breakfast or snack that is loaded with vitamins.

Here are a few suggestions as to what you can do to make a delicious smoothie.

You will need:
fresh or frozen fruit (I recommend fresh)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
ice
1/4 cup milk
A blender

I love making smoothies, especially ones with strawberries and bananas. I try to avoid blackberries and raspberries because they contain a lot of seeds. However, it is your choice. You can make lots of different combinations of smoothies, whether it is strawberry-banana, strawberry-blueberry, mango-banana, among others.

Directions

1. First, you will need your choice of fruit. I will give strawberries and bananas as an example. Wash the strawberries, and cut the tops off. Cut the bananas up as well.

2. Next, put the fruit inside the blender. Add ice. Blend.

3. Add yogurt and milk. Blend well.

You now have a quick and delicious breakfast or snack on the go.

Come check out this book for more tips on making smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment