Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gardens are a great money saver.

My mother was recently discussing with me about recipes that I can try that help save me money. She suggested for people that currently have a garden, to actually think about and use what they are growing.

My grandmother grows cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, among other vegetables. One of the biggest differences in taste is when it comes to broccoli, it tastes slightly spicier when it is fresh from a garden. Not like a hot taste, just a fresher appeal. You can only get that in a garden.

My uncle currently grows cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and other things as well. Whenever he makes his hot pasta salad, he uses stuff from his garden. This can save a lot of time and money. You can find his hot pepper recipe under my website,
hot pasta salad here

Another thought when I think about gardening is what about fresh herbs? They are generally easy to grow, and they don't take up a lot of space. You can grow a variety of herbs such as mint leaf (such as catnip and spearmint), basil, dill, among other herbs. This is a cheap alternative to going to the store to buy fresh herbs, which can be expensive. I must note that each herb varies in where they grow best, whether it is inside or outside, sunlight or no sunlight. I am not an expert, but I was bringing up the whole idea of growing your own vegetables and herbs as a money saver.

For more information regarding herb-growing, please visit here
helpful gardening here

Here is a list of pros and cons as to why you should have a garden:

Pros:
*You can grow any vegetables that you want, as much as you want
*Over time, it turns out to be cheaper
*It has a fresher appeal
*Turns extra space in your yard into usable space
*can save time by not having to run to the store to pick up produce
*Is a fun activity

Cons:
*It is expensive to start
*Maintenance can be a challenge
*You must have the space to do it
*can be time-consuming at first

See what you can grow. Do your research and start saving money!

No comments:

Post a Comment