Sunday, September 11, 2011

Do it like the pros

My sister recently gave me some feedback on a wonderful cookbook that she lent me. The cookbook is hard to find, but it contains some delicious recipes that real restaurants serve. The book is called Top Secret Restaurant Secrets 1: Creating Kitchen Clones from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains.


The reason why you should check out my blog is because I managed to get real-life feedback about the recipes. My sister is really opinionated, and she would tell you if the recipe was horrible. Below is some feedback about the famous IHOP french toast. I threw in the recipe as well. Who knew that this simple recipe would taste so good!

> IHOP French Toast pg. 159
My husband and I love going to this restaurant, but it really puts a damper on our wallets.  When I came across this recipe, it saved us time, money, and a drive by staying home and making the food ourselves.

IHOP French Toast p. 159
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbs all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
3 tsp butter
6 slices thick sliced bread (or texas toast)
1 tbs powdered sugar

on the side:
butter
pancake syrup

1. Beat the eggs in a bowl.
2. Add the milk, vanilla, flour, and salt to the eggs. Beat with an electric mixer. Be sure that the flour is well combined.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When the surface is hot, melt a tsp of butter.
4. Dip the bread, one slice at a time, into the batter, coating well. Drop the bread onto the skillet, and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat for each slice of bread.
5. Cut bread diagonally, and lay overlapping on a plate. Sprinkle with 1/2 tbs powdered sugar. Serve with butter and syrup. Enjoy!

Come check out my blogs for additional recipes and start cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment