Thursday, September 22, 2011

Labels are Worth Reading

Ever wonder if any recipes you find on soup labels are actually worth making the effort?

In one case, yes it is totally worth it.

I found a wonderful chicken lemon broccoli rice recipe that is delicious. It was one of the first recipes that I have first tried. I saw it on the back of a can of Campbell's broccoli soup, and it looked good, so I made it when I was sixteen. I didn't cook much at the time, so making it meant a lot to me as a teenager.

You may be able to still find it on the Campbell's soup label, but you can also get it on their website as well.

Cambell's website click me to see.

Ingredients:
1 lemon
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 chicken (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Broccoli Soup
1/4 cup water
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups regular long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions (about 6 cups)

1. Cut 4 thin slices from the lemon. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon and set aside.

2. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned on all sides. Remove chicken from the skillet. Pour off any fat.

3. Stir the soup, water, garlic, pepper and lemon juice in the skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Top the chicken with the lemon slices.

4. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Serve the chicken with the rice.


Topping off the chicken and rice with the lemon slices makes it look really nice and delicious.

Come check out my blog for other great dinner ideas and tips for cooking on a budget! I have personally tried this recipe, and it is great. That's why you should read it here because I have given you my feedback about it. Check out my website as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment