Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Easy no-bake eats

I know that there are a lot of people out there that have busy lives and such.  I know a lot of moms that are always on the run, and are always looking for creative snacks to feed their kids.  This can be a fun and colorful way of getting the kids involved in cooking.  It is easier than cookies, and a little healthier. This could also be a quick breakfast pick for fellow college students.  I found an easy no-bake recipe on the pillsbury website.

Pillsbury Website click here

This is a cheerio-trix cereal bar that is a substitute for rice crispy treats.    

This is a very satisfying snack that my husband loves!

 Ingredients:
1/4 cup margarine or butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
3 cups cheerios
3 cups trix (you can even substitute fruit loops)
1 cup salted peanuts


Directions:
Spray a 9 inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Spray the spatula as well.  Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.  Add the marshmallows; stir constantly.  Remove from heat.  Add both cereals and the peanuts.  Next, pour the mixture into the greased pan.  Spread evenly.  Cool completely.  Next, cut into bars.  For easy transportation, cut, and wrap individually into bars.

This is a wonderful recipe that is one of my favorites.  It's easy to make, and it doesn't require a lot of ingredients. 

*Caution-when making, the butter/ margarine may be hot, so please be careful!

From my understanding, I got this recipe from the Pillsbury website because I am a subscriber to their newsletter. This was a recipe on their website, so it may only be available for a short time. I will have this delicious recipe on my website, so it is readily available for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment