Friday, September 23, 2011

A dip that pops

I recently was talking to a good friend of mine about new recipes that we have made. My friend said that he didn't want to make jalepeno poppers with cream cheese because they involve too much work, so he created a wonderful substitute. Instead of deep-fried jalapenos, he made a dip that can be served with tortilla chips or crackers, and it is baked. He brought the dip to a family gathering, and they all gave their feedback. It was a total success! He was happy to share his recipe with me, and I asked him if I could post it on my blog, givng him the full credit. He wanted to be nice and share it with all of my readers.

Ingredients:
2 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 cup Mayonnaise
2 4oz cans of Jalapenos
2 4oz cans of Green Chiles
2 oz Panko bread crumbs
6 oz Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix softened cream cheese and mayonnaise
3. Stir in Green Chiles, jalapenos
4. Put mixture in a baking dish.
5. Mix Panko and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle cream cheese mixture.
6. Bake for 25-30 min or until the cream cheese mixture is hot and the topping is lightly browned.

Serve with toasted crusty bread or your choice of hearty corn chip (it's thick so no thin chips! They break too easily).

My friend also likes to cook as a hobby, and he is very good at it. Don't be surprised if I post more of his recipes on here soon!

2 comments: