Tuesday, September 13, 2011

You get to decide

I love certain dishes that let me decide on if I want meat in it, or if it’s hot or cold. Sounds impossible, right? However, it’s totally possible. Most of the time, these preferences would only fit pasta salads. I found a wonderful sesame pasta salad in which I can have it with or without chicken, and it can be hot or cold.

Sesame pasta salad is easy to make, and it is very filling. I think I remember eating it for almost a full week straight. The first time I made it, I didn’t know what to expect. I brought it to my father-in-law’s birthday party, and I had a few people asking me for the recipe. I love to try new things, and this is definitely one of my favorite recipes.

I didn’t know this until now, but according to Wikipedia.com, sesame seeds are high in iron, magnesium, manganese, copper, and calcium. This is definitely a nutritional benefit. The website also claims that sesame seeds help with reducing cholesterol levels. Sesame seeds are known for its nutty flavor, especially when heated.

For more information about sesame seeds, click on the link below.
sesame seeds website

When I first went shopping for the ingredients for this recipe, I didn’t know where to start. My husband suggested going to an oriental store instead of a local grocery store because they tend to be cheaper, and they will have everything at one location that other stores may not carry. He was right. Local grocery stores tend to not sell as many oriental foods, therefore they charge higher prices.

I will give this recipe on a later blog. In regards to the recipe itself, it does not contain a lot of vegetables like the traditional pasta salad. That is also up to you. Please come check out my blog and see what other goodies are on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment